Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Two Diptychs

I have been a bit lax when it comes to ordering art supplies. In fact, I recently ran out of canvas. In an effort to continue to paint, I decided to look through my paintings, pick out the one I liked least, cut it up and paint several smaller canvases. Because they were smaller, I was able to put up 2 on my wall at a time. The idea of creating diptychs was a natural progression,

Aftermath - Acrylic on Canvas - Each panel 12.5"H × 19"W
 Owl's Head - Acrylic on Canvas - Each panel 12.5 "H × 19"W
And here's the original painting formerly known as Fiesta. It was an earlier effort and in my estimation, not quite up to snuff. It's interesting to sees that some of the original marks are evident on the finished diptychs!





2 comments:

  1. Pretty darn fascinating Hal! I love the paintings you're doing now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch, Rob. It means alot coming from the likes of you.

    ReplyDelete