Friday, September 18, 2015

A Burst of Color at Summer's End

It' been a beautiful end of August- early September here in Vermont. My neighbor and good buddy, Tom Cate and I have been making the trip to Cranberry Pond several times a week in the late afternoon for a swim. There is something about getting in the water that cheers my soul. I think my work in the studio this past month reflects this positivity and optimism that I think are direct results from hanging out with a good friend and searching for "warm pockets" in Cranberry Pond. Here is the latest batch from the big wall in my studio.

Lumina - acrylic on canvas - 22.5"H × 53"W - more info


Butterfingers - acrylic on canvas - 31.5"H × 52.5"W - more info


Pinto - acrylic on canvas - 24"H × 34"W - more info

1 comment:

  1. Catching up with your blog here… these remind me of graffiti …which I guess is no surprise how the shapes start out ready to say one thing and then that turns into something else. And they're all so "floating" and weightless. I wonder what happens if a black hole wandered into your studio? Well-meant musings.

    ReplyDelete