Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Accidents Will Happen - New Abstract Paintings - November / 2015

I've long been interested in the idea of the accident in art. Early in my career as a painter I was unenlightened  and had a tendency to overwork my paintings, obliterating every vestige of "accident", in a hopeless quest for perfection. But through the years I have come to embrace the unexpected and now let the materials speak. I try to work with the chaos rather than try to stifle it.  The process being much more of a dialogue rather than an imposition of one's will. Hopefully you can see evidence of this philosophy the this current batch of paintings.
Big Top - acrylic on canvas - 25"H × 40"W - view with more white space

Hacienda -acrylic on canvas - 24"H × 40"W - view with more white space


Parnassus - acrylic on canvas - 24"H × 40"W - view with more white space


Nuit Blance - acrylic on canvas - 23"H × 43'W - view with more white space

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do see it, like the "Goss" drip, and I applaud it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Alan. I deleted the last reply because I spelled thanks wrong. I hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete